Thursday, June 18, 2009

House Fire

One day up in heaven,
An angel carried an armful
Of broken pieces to God.

"Whats this?" God asked the angel.
"A paramedic’s broken heart"
The angel replied.

I found it this morning
She was walking home and
Threw these at me. She looked upset.
But I didn’t get to ask what happened.

God looked knowingly at the angel.
She had a hard call last night
And two children came home
Early this morning.

"Why do you do that to her?" asked the angel.
She’s been through this before,
Why not give her a break?

"Because My will is perfect," said God.
Yes it is, agreed the angel.
Then why not make a paramedic
Without emotions, one who’s heart won’t break?

Because then some of My children
Would go through life never
Knowing love or that someone,
Even a paramedic cares for them.

"She wasn’t alone on that call"
God told the angel.
I was there beside her
Throughout the night.

I was there as she worked
Quickly on the young girl
Who had been burned
In the house fire.

I was there holding her hand
As the news came that
There was no hope for the
Two children still in the burning house.

I was there as she held the grandmother,
Who had just learned the awful news,
About her two grandsons;
I held her up and gave her strength.

Remember, I made her for a purpose
And for that purpose I will see her through.
She is stronger than she may look
Because it is My hands that hold her together.

No comments:

Post a Comment