Thursday, June 18, 2009

Digging up the Darkness

Digging up the past
The crud that I've buried,
The memories and emotions;
It hurts to remember again.


I know its so very lonely.
But its easier and less painful
To keep it buried deep,
Down where I won't remember.


I've learned how to handle it
Keeping it all away.
Its what is comforting
In a familiar sort of way.


Facing the events of whats happened
Brings up emotions that I've ignored
And memories I'd rather forget
Then to live them again.


The little girl inside would
Rather find a deep, dark corner
In which to hide and to wait
For the pain and feelings to disappear.


For although the darkness is lonely,
It feels safe. In the darkness,
No one sees the guilt and pain
In the little girl's eyes.


In the darkness she can hide
No one will ask questions or
Wonder why she is there.
They don't know it happened.


She was surrounded by people
Who cared, yet no one protected her.
In her deep pain, the darkness
Holds and comforts her.

No comments:

Post a Comment