Thursday, June 18, 2009

In Your Mother's Womb

The call came out
A mother in need
Delivering her baby at home
But much too early.

I didn't see you,
Didn't have to look,
But something inside
Had to know if it was true.

The clinic had told me
"It wasn't a baby, just tissue"
"It wasn't yet a life, really"
But the pictures show differently.

I knew there was a baby
Those times I went to the clinic.
It was easier and less painful
To believe what they had said.

So at the ER that night,
I had to see for myself
What you were really like
And that yes, you were really a life.

You were formed so perfectly,
Your little fingers and toes,
You were so little, so precious
Yet so delicate and beautiful.

It hurts so much to think
That I let my little ones go
Its been four years now,
But still think of them everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment