Thursday, June 18, 2009

How Can You Forgive Me?

For one reason or another
I've never been good enough,
Never quite reaching the goal
Of being who they wanted me to be.

So when it comes to forgiveness,
Especially for my abortions,
I find it hard to believe
All I have to do is ask.

How can you forgive someone
When they've made the same choice
To make the same mistake
More than once?

It would make sense that You'd be angry
At someone who ended a child's life.
For your own Son was killed
By selfish, arrogant men.

But instead of anger and hate
You love me unconditionally.
You knew the decisions I'd make
Yet, You still died for me.

You know all the hurt and pain
Yet, when most people would turn away
For some odd reason,
You are still here, waiting.

You know my darkest secrets
My deepest fears, my hidden thoughts.
You know every little detail
And You still want a relationship.

At times, I want to know more.
Why would You bother with me?
Other times, I'm afraid to trust,
But wonder if its really possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment